Piper Cams Case Study
Piper Cams approached Realnet to develop a new digital platform for them to replace their ageing website that was beginning to fail in various areas.
Piper Cams, who develop and manufacture various performance and racing engine parts, most notably camshafts, have a range of products and services targeted towards customers in the professional car and motorcycle racing industry, as well as general public.
They needed Realnet to build them a solution that helped promote their bespoke services and products, allowed online purchases, gave visitors a range of online resources and built new leads and sales.
Realnet reviewed the existing site and discovered a number of challenges including:
- Outdated platform which was not working correctly on numerous pages
- Not mobile responsive so limited user friendliness
- Poor SEO that meant poor rankings on search
- Current developer was slow to respond and fix issues
Realnet worked with the Piper Cams team to fully understand their range of target customers, and develop a custom website solution including:
- A new responsive WordPress website with full e-commerce integration with WooCommerce
- Full connection to their WorldPay payment system
- Integrated to DHL and DPD for easy shipping
- Improved the website structure and search functionality to make it easier for visitors to find relevant products for their car or motorcycle
- Responsive and mobile friendly to ensure Google compliance
- Reworked site content for improved SEO
- Improved the process of dealing with reprofile CamShafts to reduce customer confusion
We also transferred the large product database over to the new website, allowing customers to search and buy products easily and quickly.
Since the launch of the new website, Piper Cams have experienced:
- An increase in the number of daily sales through the new website
- Improved user experience and SEO
- An increase in the number of enquiries and leads
As part of our ongoing work with Piper Cams, we are now reviewing the website analytics to help the company generate even more sales and enquiries.