A news section can be an effective marketing tool for company/product/service announcements.
Regular, new, keyword rich news articles can also help your search engine optimisation.
The articles can be easily added/edit/removed by you or delegated to anyone with straight forward word processing skills and an internet connection.
- News article
- Abstract – a short snippet of the news used on the listing page
- Main content (including simple WYSIWYG interface)
- Ability to activate or hide a news article (allowing you to prepare news in advance)
- Title tag and description tag editing for search engine optimisation (but auto tags are created so you don't have to fill these in)
- Upload unlimited images for each news article, which appear in a column down the side
- Images are automatically resized for you so you don't need to edit them every time
- Visitors can click an image to see an enlarged version
- Upload unlimited attachments such as pdf which can appear as a link at the bottom of the article
- News type
- This allows you to specify different categories of news. For example you may have a section for Company News and one for Industry News. Or you may specify news for your different product families.
- All news will appear on the main news page. Visitors will then be able to click on the categories on the side to view only news from that category.
- Search engine optimisation options
- Page heading
- Meta title
- Meta description
- Friendly URL
- Open Graph protocol tags - What is Open Graph Protocol?
- Realnet will also copy and paste up to 10 news articles from your existing website if required. Please discuss with your account manager if you have a larger database of news that needs to be copied over.
- An RSS feed of your news articles can be made available if desired. This is used by other sites or some people to aggregate news or inform them when you've added a new news article.