What is content marketing?
In broad terms, content marketing is a method of digital marketing that focuses on the creation, publishing and distribution of relevant, authoritative and useful digital content online across the full breadth of digital channels and mediums.
What is classed as ‘content’?
Content includes any form of digital material created for your target audience. Here are just a few examples of what is classed as content:
- Website text, images, buttons
- Videos and podcasts
- Blog articles
- Case studies
- Email content
- Ad copy
- Press releases
- Social media posts
- Promotional graphics such as banners
Creating interesting, relevant and valuable content
Although ‘content’ covers many forms of digital material including promotional and commercial content, one of the primary goals of content marketing is to provide interesting, relevant and valuable content to your target audience, and often provide it for free.
For example, one of the most popular and successful forms of content marketing is blogging. Developing audience trust and engagement is a key component of any well-planned digital marketing strategy and blogging has many benefits way beyond what might be immediately perceived.
Blogging can help:
- Build brand awareness
- Widen your reach
- Improve your organic traffic
- Help you rank better for your targeted keywords
- Grow your website domain strength
- Keep your website updated with ‘fresh’ content
- Show your company’s expertise (one of Google’s E-A-T ranking factors – Expertise, Authoritativeness and Trustworthiness
How Realnet can help
By understanding your core business activities, objectives and target audience, we are able to produce content that’s valuable and aligns with your broader strategic marketing plan.
Realnet can ensure your content marketing works hand-in-hand with other digital activities to develop and enhance engagement from new and existing audiences to drive more conversions for your business.
Realnet can help to:
- Create informative, relevant and appropriate content
- Distrbute content in key sectors and via specific platforms to drive maximum audience engagement
- Ensure your content follows SEO best practice
- Create a content strategy
- Align your content plan with your broader marketing plan
- Ensure the necessary goals and tracking is set up to analyse performance and progress
Find out more
Contact the Realnet team to discuss a bespoke content marketing strategy that is tailored to your individual business needs.