Take Note Marketers Long-Form Video Is Thriving
Monday, 9th March 2020
There is a train of thought which states that video content is fantastic, providing you keep it as short and sweet as possible.
That the modern man and woman have precious little time available in this crazy, busy world, so you have but a brief moment to capture their attention or lose it forever.
However, there seems to have been a shift in the way people are consuming their content, especially when it’s quality content that they have an interest in.
Long-form video has, to an extent, replaced television viewing for many people. In fact, YouTube research has shown a 70% year-on-year subscriber rise in creator channels, which features predominantly long-form content.
So what does this mean for a marketer? In a nutshell, if you give readers what they want in an entertaining and creative way, they will hang around, no matter the time it takes.
To prove the point, Google came up with the following five conclusions after doing an audit of video trends on Youtube and speaking to some people in the know:
- People watch online video to learn new skills and pursue passions.
- When content is relatable; it motivates people to go from watching to doing.
- Videos can jump-start action and sometimes purchases too.
- Though people might not watch a video with the intention of buying, they’re open to discovery.
- Video empowers people at every stage of their journey, even at the point of purchase.
Crucially to note for marketers are the following stats: 90% of people say they discover new products on YouTube; 80% of people typically switch between online search and video when researching products; while 55% use online videos while shopping in store.
It all points to one thing: If you have a product or service to sell, put some effort into putting some decent video content together. The market is waiting ...