It’s no secret that in the past five years the use of video content has absolutely boomed on social media platforms.
Video has evolved from an out-of-reach marketing tool exclusively for big household names to being the ‘go to’ way for so many more brands, big and small, to communicate their message.
Simultaneously, the way that video is consumed has massively changed too. Previously only found on television, now every time you log into Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn, within a couple of scrolls you’ll have watched two or three videos.
Why is video so key in 2020, and how can the introduction of a regular stream of video content help bolster your marketing?
Video is the fastest growing way for brands to tell their story and for audiences to consume their content. The easiest way to explain the true scale of how video is changing the marketing landscape is through a few facts collected from a variety of sources.
Here are five of my favourite:
- Facebook generates, on average, 8 billion+ video views per day! (Source: Omnicore Agency – https://www.omnicoreagency.com/facebook-statistics/)
- Youtube reports mobile video consumption rises by 100% every year (Source: Hubspot – https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/video-marketing-statistics#sm.0000h4rgwfoa1fouwqm23llpma557)
- Companies using video enjoy 41% more web traffic from search, compared to non-users (Source: SmallBizTrends – https://smallbiztrends.com/2016/10/video-marketing-statistics.html)
- Video in an email leads to 200-300% increases in clickthrough rates (Source: Hubspot – https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/video-marketing-statistics#sm.0000h4rgwfoa1fouwqm23llpma557)
- Social video generates 12 times more shares than images and text combined (Source: SmallBizTrends – https://smallbiztrends.com/2016/10/video-marketing-statistics.html)
Those are some pretty impressive statistics showing just how powerful video can be when used correctly by brands and businesses.
My favourite statistic has to be #1 – over 8 billion people watching video on a daily basis through Facebook alone. Take stock of that… that is like every single person on the planet watching a video every single day! And when you then add in the video consumption on other platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Youtube and WhatsApp, the true amount of daily video consumption is absolutely huge.
So how can you get a piece of that viewership in 2020?
When you look into the world of video content, you can see that successful brands are producing video on a regular basis – it’s never a case of producing one video and that’s it.
Brands are filming new videos regularly, and if they’re not filming regularly then they are re-purposing content regularly to fit current trends and topics.
It’s all about being consistent with video on your social channels both in terms of variety and frequency – your customers, clients and audience are always going to want to see and hear more from you.
What are you aiming to achieve? Well, by introducing regular video content into your marketing you can hugely increase your engagement and reach.
A regular stream of video content can help in so many ways:
- You can demonstrate to your audience that you’re staying up to date with current trends and topics in your industry.
- Through the use of regular video content you can build up a strong visual brand.
- Customers will be more likely to engage with your video content, compared with written or image content.
- You are able to keep your customers updated on your products, events and thoughts using the most engaging form of social media.
Video will continue to grow and evolve as the leading way for brands to spread their messages and ideas. As people continue to spend more time on social media they will consume more and more video content.
Be a brand that leads the way in 2020 and beyond by producing video content to keep in touch with your audience, build your relationship with customers, and make your content and ideas easy for them to consume.
Guest Blog by Oli Kane from Enjoy the View