Siri, Cortana and Alexa, to name a few, are becoming more popular than ever. These robot friends are becoming part of our daily lives and are quickly becoming household names.
It’s been predicted that by 2020 over 50% of searches will be via voice search. With this statistic, it’s clear making sure you’re SEO is fit for voice search is vital.
When a question is asked via voice search, most of the time, the person will be given only one answer. This means that the result in ‘position zero’ will be read out and it’s likely no other result will. This means it is even more important for your SEO to be the best it can.
Create A Conversational Style of Language
· One of the main differences between standard search and voice search is the more conversational style of language that is used.
· Long tail keywords are important for this. These are keyword phrases with three of four words which are very specific to what you are offering.
· Identifying these keywords with keyword tools is simple. It’s also a good idea to ask customers also and think about what people ask verbally as opposed to via text search. Make a list of questions where your service or product would be the answer.
How To Create The Questions
· Type them into the search engine. Look at what can be improved.
· Then create content that focuses on the longer more conversational search terms and also more specific searches.
· For example, using a standard search someone may search ‘best video camera’. Using voice search they may ask a much more specific question; as they are not expecting to sit and look for an answer but to be given one quickly. They might ask ‘Siri, find me a waterproof video camera that works with Facebook live’.
· Answering these more specific questions directly means search engines will quickly find the answer and this will likely increase your chances of being featured. You can then go in to further detail if needed.
· A good way of increasing your chance of being featured is to write in a Q&A style format.
For more information on Search Engine Optimisation for Voice Search read here.
Realnet offers a range of SEO audit, improvement and support services. To find out more about how we could improve your ROI, contact us today.