5 Ways To Maximise Your Google My Business Listing
Thursday, 1st January 1970
If you’re a product -or service-centric business serving your local area, then ranking in SERPs for relevance, distance and prominence are absolutely key to ensuring online enquiries and sales.
And one of the most overlooked yet undervalued ways to do so is having a Google My Business (GMB) listing.
Setting up a GMB listing is free, and requires nothing more than completing the details and following the verifications process (which rather quaintly involves receiving an actual postcard with a verification code on it!).
Be sure to complete all the information as accurately and completely as possible – the more complete, the better the impact on your local ranking.
But that’s just the start of realising the proper benefits of this service – keeping your listing as updated as possible and monitoring its impact will optimise its value profoundly.
Make your GMB listing work for you
To get the best out of your GMB listing, make sure you’re doing the following:
- Uploading photos regularly and in the correct format – visual cues for your potential customers makes a big difference in click-through rates. Keep them as professional, appealing and relevant as possible!
- Reviews have been a staple of successful business for centuries… actively encourage your clients and customers to post reviews, and make sure you respond in a professional manner.
- Google Posts are greatly underused, but if regularly updated can have a huge impact on SERP. Similar to Social Media posts, Google Posts last for 7 days and can be used to make announcements relating to new product or service news, events, special offers or exciting developments in your trade. Make sure you include a Call to Action with your Posts to encourage conversion!
- Keep your eye on things – anyone can suggest an edit to your listing, whether positive or not, so you need to be aware of what’s happening on your listing so that you can respond immediately and appropriately!
- Tracking your conversions is a no-brainer – use Insights within your GMB account to monitor how your customers are finding you, and how efficiently your GMB listing is working to send you to the top of SERPs (or not, as the case may be, in which case you’ll need to do some more optimising of your listing!)
For more information on how to optimise your online presence and maximise lead generation, contact Realnet today on +1223 55 08 00.