Instagram is looking to expand and is encouraging more businesses to engage with its platform by testing profile pages for local businesses. Instagram has not officially announced this new feature however, there are reports that some users are seeing this update.
With similar information panels to Google, Instagram will show a company’s address, opening hours, phone number, URL, pricing and the type of business that it is with a link to the main Instagram profile. Users can find this information by searching for a business and clicking on a ‘view information’ button. A company can then claim this listing if it also has access to the Facebook page. By claiming the profile, users will be able to edit their company information.
Our team of experts
With over 1 billion users currently on Instagram, it can be a great platform to promote your business. Our social media specialists will work with you to:
- Set up your accounts
- Plan a social media strategy
- Create content that your customers are interested in and would share
- Engage with a relevant and targeted audience
- Increase traffic to your website
- Increase customer retention
- Increase sales and enquiries