Facebook Launches a New Home for Gaming
Thursday, 1st January 1970
According to Facebook, every month more than 700 million people play games, watch gaming videos or engage with gaming groups on its platform.
Due to these large numbers, Facebook is making it easier for users to connect with their favourite games, streamers and gaming groups by rolling out a dedicated Facebook Gaming tab in the navigation bar. Here, people can discover, play, watch and share gaming content that is personalised to them. This is part of Facebook’s wider design update to provide a more personalised experience by showing shortcuts to people based on the content they engage with the most.
Within the new gaming tab, you can:
- Play games – Users can access their favourite instant games and find new ones to enjoy with friends. Facebook is also building new ways to invite friends, chat and play games within the tab.
- Watch gaming videos – Over time Facebook will make recommendations based on the games and content a user follows.
- Connect with gaming groups – Gaming groups are some of the largest and most engaged communities on Facebook. The new tab allows users to follow updates from their favourite groups.
As Facebook learns from the gaming community, new experiences will be tested within the tab, different types of content will be added, and recommendations can be improved over time.
Initially, Facebook is only rolling the Gaming tab to a small subset of the 700 million people who game on its platform each month. Users who don’t see the tab in their main navigation bar can find it in the Bookmarks menu.
Our team of social media experts
With over 2 billion people logging into Facebook every month, it can be a great platform to promote your business. Our social media specialists can work with you to:
- Set up your accounts
- Plan a social media strategy
- Create content that your customers are interested in and would share
- Engage with a relevant and targeted audience
- Increase traffic to your website
- Increase customer retention
- Increase sales and enquiries